Arizona State University (ASU) seeks a Vietnam based Coordinator responsible for day-to-day support including, but not limited: stakeholder communication and coordination, implementation of program activities, event planning, and implementation of training and workshop activities. He or she will work in close cooperation with ASU’s local team in Vietnam and the U.S. based project team. The coordinator will report to the in-country Program Manager. Applications are accepted until October 15, 2017.
A successful candidate will demonstrate experience in program coordination, logistics and event planning. Duties include coordinating appointments and meetings, working with partner institutions and industry officials to ensure program compliance, serving as the liaison between the ASU, faculty and program stakeholders, answering inquiries and requests for programs’ information, attending industry or school events on behalf of the programs, and ensuring all reporting duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Candidates should be capable of effective written and verbal communication with company and government executives, university faculty members and members of the private sector.
Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM, as well some evenings and weekends
PLACE OF WORK
The general administration activities will predominantly take place in the premises of the ASU Office – 65 Huynh Thuc Khang, Disrict 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The coordinator may be requested to travel within Vietnam and to event sites to fulfill responsibilities.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out all relevant general administration tasks and processes, such as producing, checking and sending out paperwork and correspondence as directed and ensuring that all paperwork produced is accurate and of high presentation standard.
- Corresponding and meeting face-to-face with target audience as assigned, keeping systems running smoothly, keeping records up to date, maintaining quality of office service, and ensuring positive relationships with clients, including constant and timely follow-up correspondence.
- Supporting and arranging events, activities and logistics.
- Assisting in developing and submitting official memos and providing periodical updates on project activities.
- Traveling to project sites or meetings if assigned.
- Ensuring the creation of both hard and soft copies of all administrative records and key decisions.
- Updating contact database.
- Preparing reports requested by ASU, or government agencies.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic office work
- Knowledge of basic project management and organizational practices
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse audience, mainly with faculty, education administrators, industry partners, government officials and potential students
- Knowledge of education marketing and PR practices
- Knowledge of Vietnam’s higher education system
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Flexibility, initiative and good problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Skill exhibiting sound and accurate judgment
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software, including Microsoft Office.
NECESSARY LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to write reports and business correspondences
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
- This position does not provide direct supervision of staff.
REQUESTED APPLICATION MATERIAL (MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT
Required information includes:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references (names, addresses, emails and phone numbers)
Bachelor's or Master’s degree (preferable) in Education, Business Administration, preferably
with 4 years’ experience in education.
Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge,
skills and abilities have been acquired.
TO APPLY (before October 15, 2017)
Please send your letter of application and an up-to-date resume to email@example.com (please put “Program Coordinator” in the subject line of your message.) In your application letter, please provide English writing samples, as well as examples from previous work experience that demonstrate how you meet the competencies described in the job description.
If you have any questions, please call: 028- 38211491 during office hours.