A four week training program at ASU
Curriculum design and instructional lab
Faculty mentor program
Implementation of new instructional pedagogy project
The overarching learning outcomes for the faculty development program include:
- Learn applied teaching strategies and approaches to advance the technology vocational curriculum through innovative instructional methods.
- Design multidisciplinary curriculum approaches to prepare students to solve technology based problems.
- Develop a strong mathematical foundation to understand how to analyze and interpret data and also position students to further their education in engineering degree completion programs.
- Adapt project oriented approaches to instruction demonstrating application of new knowledge and achievement of learning outcomes.
- Learn the principles, applications, and importance of business and technology communications.
The outcome of the faculty development program goals will be linked and measured based on the following student desired learning outcomes, including:
- Apply creativity and innovation theories and methods to advance engineering outcomes.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics workplace problems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Communicate effectively through English speaking, writing and technical presentation.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for application in the workplace.
- Develop global knowledge and competencies to work in multicultural teams.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and bridges to undergraduate degree opportunities.